Orthopaedic surgery encompasses any surgery that is related to bones or joints. It includes procedures such as fracture repairs and ligament repairs.
Our veterinarians’ high level of expertise and our practice’s fully equipped surgical suite allows us to perform a wide range of orthopaedic surgical procedures that your pet may require. These may include:
- Cranial cruciate ligament repair, using either external stabilisation techniques or more advanced tibial plateau levelling techniques.
- Correction and stabilisation of patella luxation (slipping knee caps)
- Fracture (broken bone) repair using plates and screws, pins or wires for stabilisation as indicated.
- Surgical correction of bone deformities in growing animals
- Hip surgery for traumatic injuries or to treat hip dysplasia
Our veterinarians will assess each case individually and provide the best advice for you and your pet after a thorough orthopaedic examination, and x-rays if needed.
If you’re worried about your pet’s health, call us at 9720 6800 to make an appointment today.